“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
Based in Potters Bar, Herts, happy to visit groups in Hertfordshire, London, Essex, Middlesex, Befordshire, Buckinghamshire & Cambridgeshire. Though will travel further but will cost more – see Bookings Page for fees
I am also happy to continue to Zoom especially in the winter to both local groups or those who are further away, you may be at the other end of the country or even in a different one!
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens; specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my designs and when planning a garden encourage & involve the owners so they are reflected in the design whilst learning how to maintain their garden and develop it.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where we offered support, tutoring and a sense of purpose for those with disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a part time lecturer Capel Manor College, Enfield specialising in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college. Today HT is finally being acknowledged for all the things that I and my fellow horticultural therapist’s knew years ago.
I am the Honorary Horticultural and Landscape Consultant and Trustee of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will, eventually, be a new British native woodland and meadow.
Over the last few years, especially lockdown, I have developed my interest in biblical plants and those mentioned in the holy writings of other religions. My curiosity led me to look at the mythology surrounding them, their usages in past times, and how these plants are impacting on our lives today ie cancer treatments. So now there is a series of Bible Plant Talks all of which are stand alone. From these talks have I acquired the nickname: The Biblical Botanist!
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- "Your talk was excellent, well illustrated and very well received." Rosie, Welwyn Garden Horticultural Society
- Once again thank you so much for last night - and the plant list which I will find extremely useful. I can now start planning my borders
- I wanted to say thank you very much for an illuminating talk. There certainlyare many sides to Horticultural Therapy. We all enjoyed it. Cheers - be in touch later for another one,
- Thank You’ for your very amusing and informative talk on Monday. Everyone I have spoken to found it very interesting, even if they may not take up the ideas!
- Just a note to thank you for your very enjoyable talk yesterday. Our ladies really enjoyed it and many of them that it inspired them to visit Capel Manor. I do hope that you will visit us again