“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org Currently in self isolation until end of August, I have contacted the relevant groups.
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- Gardeners are generous by nature and Anne is generous with her knowledge and her wit. Her presentation on Why Gardens is serious but filled with humour. My husband did not doze off - now that is saying something
- "Thank you so much for your inspirational talk about your work – the audience were really impressed - and for helping people to recognise how they can use different tools to continue their own gardening if injury or infirmity strikes." Carole Wilcox - Cuffley Horticultural Society
- "Anne has stimulated us to use our minds and explore different horticultural concepts relating them to our lives." Peggy STH Group Member at Capel Manor
- "Many thanks for coming to give your very interesting talk to the Hertford National Trust on the ''Ancient Gardens Before The Common Era' last Monday. I know the members I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it" - Diana
- Anne entertained us with stories about Capel and her time there. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer (2015) and find it more enjoyable
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society