“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on email@example.com
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
- Thank you so much for your really interesting and exceptional talk which is much appreciated
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
- Gardeners are generous by nature and Anne is generous with her knowledge and her wit. Her presentation on Why Gardens is serious but filled with humour. My husband did not doze off - now that is saying something
- "Anne has stimulated us to use our minds and explore different horticultural concepts relating them to our lives." Peggy STH Group Member at Capel Manor