“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on email@example.com
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
Currently, we are unable to have face to face meetings until who knows? I have contacted the relevant groups to re-arrange. However, I am very happy to present over Zoom and rather than cancelling some of you have chosen this option.I
- Anne entertained us with stories about Capel and her time there. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer (2015) and find it more enjoyable
- Another stimulating talk that made me and my fellow gardeners think. Anne does not talk - she imparts knowledge and involves her audience. I asked for a talk on Roses but never thought she would go back to the age of the dinosaur. I have invited her back knowing that whatever topic I choose as speaker's secretary Anne will deliver - Ida, Hitchen Horticultural Society
- "Anne's Wildlife talk was very interesting. I never realised how much we had lost and what is still at risk. I intend to use what I have learnt in my own garden to encourage the birds & bees." Speaker's Secretary Lea Valley U3A Garden Group
- Thank You’ for your very amusing and informative talk on Monday. Everyone I have spoken to found it very interesting, even if they may not take up the ideas!
- Thank you so much for a really interesting talk this morning. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer and find it more enjoyable with the information you passed on - Viv Booth Verulam U3A
- "Your talk was excellent, well illustrated and very well received." Rosie, Welwyn Garden Horticultural Society