“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on email@example.com Currently in self isolation until end of August, I have contacted the relevant groups.
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- Just a note to thank you for your very enjoyable talk yesterday. Our ladies really enjoyed it and many of them that it inspired them to visit Capel Manor. I do hope that you will visit us again
- Another stimulating talk that made me and my fellow gardeners think. Anne does not talk - she imparts knowledge and involves her audience. I asked for a talk on Roses but never thought she would go back to the age of the dinosaur. I have invited her back knowing that whatever topic I choose as speaker's secretary Anne will deliver - Ida, Hitchen Horticultural Society
- I wanted to say thank you very much for an illuminating talk. There certainlyare many sides to Horticultural Therapy. We all enjoyed it. Cheers - be in touch later for another one,
- "Thank you so much for your inspirational talk about your work – the audience were really impressed - and for helping people to recognise how they can use different tools to continue their own gardening if injury or infirmity strikes." Carole Wilcox - Cuffley Horticultural Society
"Thank you so much for your talk - excellent feedback - all 'excellent' or 'v good' votes! I will be back to you for next year's talks, and I will be happy to recommend you." Brenda, Speaker's Secretary St Albans U3A
- Thank you so much for a really interesting talk this morning. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer and find it more enjoyable with the information you passed on - Viv Booth Verulam U3A