“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org Currently in self isolation until end of August, I have contacted the relevant groups.
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A
- "Many thanks for coming to give your very interesting talk to the Hertford National Trust on the ''Ancient Gardens Before The Common Era' last Monday. I know the members I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it" - Diana
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and I am ever so grateful to Anne for all the information about the type of plants I could use for my shady area.
- "Anne's Wildlife talk was very interesting. I never realised how much we had lost and what is still at risk. I intend to use what I have learnt in my own garden to encourage the birds & bees." Speaker's Secretary Lea Valley U3A Garden Group
- Thank you so much for your really interesting and exceptional talk which is much appreciated