“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on email@example.com Currently in self isolation until end of August, I have contacted the relevant groups.
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
- Once again thank you so much for last night - and the plant list which I will find extremely useful. I can now start planning my borders
- "Thank you so much for your inspirational talk about your work – the audience were really impressed - and for helping people to recognise how they can use different tools to continue their own gardening if injury or infirmity strikes." Carole Wilcox - Cuffley Horticultural Society
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
"Thank you so much for your talk - excellent feedback - all 'excellent' or 'v good' votes! I will be back to you for next year's talks, and I will be happy to recommend you." Brenda, Speaker's Secretary St Albans U3A