“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org Currently in self isolation until end of August, I have contacted the relevant groups.
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- "Your talk was excellent, well illustrated and very well received." Rosie, Welwyn Garden Horticultural Society
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
"Thank you so much for your talk - excellent feedback - all 'excellent' or 'v good' votes! I will be back to you for next year's talks, and I will be happy to recommend you." Brenda, Speaker's Secretary St Albans U3A
- On Bulbs & Rhizomes - "The most frequent response to your talk was that it was fascinating and they had no idea how important those plants were. There were also three retired pharmacists in the audience who enjoyed it as well !" - Joe, Speakers Secretary
- I wanted to say thank you very much for an illuminating talk. There certainlyare many sides to Horticultural Therapy. We all enjoyed it. Cheers - be in touch later for another one,
- "Many thanks for coming to give your very interesting talk to the Hertford National Trust on the ''Ancient Gardens Before The Common Era' last Monday. I know the members I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it" - Diana