“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
I have worked as a garden designer for over twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, where I specialised, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
Currently, we are unable to have face to face meetings until who knows? I have contacted the relevant groups to re-arrange. However, I am very happy to present over Zoom and rather than cancelling some of you have chosen this option.I
- Thank You’ for your very amusing and informative talk on Monday. Everyone I have spoken to found it very interesting, even if they may not take up the ideas!
- Anne entertained us with stories about Capel and her time there. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer (2015) and find it more enjoyable
- Just a note to thank you for your very enjoyable talk yesterday. Our ladies really enjoyed it and many of them that it inspired them to visit Capel Manor. I do hope that you will visit us again
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
- I wanted to say thank you very much for an illuminating talk. There certainlyare many sides to Horticultural Therapy. We all enjoyed it. Cheers - be in touch later for another one,
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society