“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on email@example.com
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
"Thank you so much for your talk - excellent feedback - all 'excellent' or 'v good' votes! I will be back to you for next year's talks, and I will be happy to recommend you." Brenda, Speaker's Secretary St Albans U3A
- "Anne has stimulated us to use our minds and explore different horticultural concepts relating them to our lives." Peggy STH Group Member at Capel Manor
- "Your talk was excellent, well illustrated and very well received." Rosie, Welwyn Garden Horticultural Society
- Thank you so much for a really interesting talk this morning. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer and find it more enjoyable with the information you passed on - Viv Booth Verulam U3A
- "Thank you so much for your inspirational talk about your work – the audience were really impressed - and for helping people to recognise how they can use different tools to continue their own gardening if injury or infirmity strikes." Carole Wilcox - Cuffley Horticultural Society