“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- "Anne's Wildlife talk was very interesting. I never realised how much we had lost and what is still at risk. I intend to use what I have learnt in my own garden to encourage the birds & bees." Speaker's Secretary Lea Valley U3A Garden Group
- Gardeners are generous by nature and Anne is generous with her knowledge and her wit. Her presentation on Why Gardens is serious but filled with humour. My husband did not doze off - now that is saying something
- On Bulbs & Rhizomes - "The most frequent response to your talk was that it was fascinating and they had no idea how important those plants were. There were also three retired pharmacists in the audience who enjoyed it as well !" - Joe, Speakers Secretary
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A