“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I have recently retired as a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on email@example.com
- Gardeners are generous by nature and Anne is generous with her knowledge and her wit. Her presentation on Why Gardens is serious but filled with humour. My husband did not doze off - now that is saying something
- "Thank you so much for your inspirational talk about your work – the audience were really impressed - and for helping people to recognise how they can use different tools to continue their own gardening if injury or infirmity strikes." Carole Wilcox - Cuffley Horticultural Society
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
- "Thank you so much for coming to speak to us last night. Members mentioned to me how much they enjoyed your talk, and we'll definitely consider another of your talks." Louise Puckeridge WI
- On Bulbs & Rhizomes - "The most frequent response to your talk was that it was fascinating and they had no idea how important those plants were. There were also three retired pharmacists in the audience who enjoyed it as well !" - Joe, Speakers Secretary