“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I have recently retired as a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on email@example.com
- Thank you so much for a really interesting talk this morning. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer and find it more enjoyable with the information you passed on - Viv Booth Verulam U3A
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A
- "Many thanks for coming to give your very interesting talk to the Hertford National Trust on the ''Ancient Gardens Before The Common Era' last Monday. I know the members I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it" - Diana
- Anne entertained us with stories about Capel and her time there. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer (2015) and find it more enjoyable