“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Just wanted to thank you again for such an interesting talk today. There was a lot of feedback from the members of the group saying they really enjoyed it & found it very informative" - Mary Kelly Croxley U3A
- "Thank you so much for coming to speak to us last night. Members mentioned to me how much they enjoyed your talk, and we'll definitely consider another of your talks." Louise Puckeridge WI
- Another stimulating talk that made me and my fellow gardeners think. Anne does not talk - she imparts knowledge and involves her audience. I asked for a talk on Roses but never thought she would go back to the age of the dinosaur. I have invited her back knowing that whatever topic I choose as speaker's secretary Anne will deliver - Ida, Hitchen Horticultural Society
- "Anne has stimulated us to use our minds and explore different horticultural concepts relating them to our lives." Peggy STH Group Member at Capel Manor
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
- "It was fascinating learning about the tricks of the trade behind some show gardens etc. We'd love to have you back again for a different talk. I'll be in touch." Carole WGC/Hatfield U3A Garden Group