“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty-five years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I retired a few years back having been a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
Currently, I am involved in the landscaping of a Natural Burial Ground in Cheshunt where much of it will eventually be a new British native woodland.
I am happy to provide private guided walks at Capel Manor as well as talks and lectures.
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- On Bulbs & Rhizomes - "The most frequent response to your talk was that it was fascinating and they had no idea how important those plants were. There were also three retired pharmacists in the audience who enjoyed it as well !" - Joe, Speakers Secretary
- "Thank you so much for coming to speak to us last night. Members mentioned to me how much they enjoyed your talk, and we'll definitely consider another of your talks." Louise Puckeridge WI
"Thank you so much for your talk - excellent feedback - all 'excellent' or 'v good' votes! I will be back to you for next year's talks, and I will be happy to recommend you." Brenda, Speaker's Secretary St Albans U3A
- "Thank you so much again for giving New Vistas your excellent talk yesterday, our members greatly appreciated it. You do have a lovely, clear voice which is easily heard; not always a feature prominent in a lot of our speakers. I will hope very much that you will pay us another visit next year"- Juliet
- "Many thanks for coming to give your very interesting talk to the Hertford National Trust on the ''Ancient Gardens Before The Common Era' last Monday. I know the members I spoke to thoroughly enjoyed it" - Diana