“Seeing how everyone benefits from the sessions makes it all worthwhile; horticulture is a great leveller and a marvellous therapeutic tool.”
I have worked as a garden designer for twenty years, designing both public and private gardens and specialising in allergy-free and challenging gardens. I like to incorporate edible plants into my planting designs and when planning a garden I encourage & involve the owners so that they learn about how to maintain the garden created themselves.
At the beginning of my horticultural career, I spent four years in charge of propagation at a nursery in Essex where many of the staff had learning disabilities.
I have recently retired as a lecturer Capel Manor College, London’s largest land based college, where I specialised, for over eighteen years, in therapeutic horticulture for severe physical disabilities. I grew the provision of this therapy at the college.
I am continuing to conduct guided walks at Capel Manor Gardens, please contact Capel direct, and I am happy to provide guided walks as well as talks and lectures.
I can be contacted on email@example.com
- Gardeners are generous by nature and Anne is generous with her knowledge and her wit. Her presentation on Why Gardens is serious but filled with humour. My husband did not doze off - now that is saying something
- Anne entertained us with stories about Capel and her time there. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer (2015) and find it more enjoyable
- Thank you so much for a really interesting talk this morning. I'm sure many of our members will visit, or re-visit, Capel Manor during the Summer and find it more enjoyable with the information you passed on - Viv Booth Verulam U3A
- Thank you so much for your really interesting and exceptional talk which is much appreciated
- "Now don't go home without me booking another talk for next year" Elizabeth - Goffs Oak Horicultural Society
- On Bulbs & Rhizomes - "The most frequent response to your talk was that it was fascinating and they had no idea how important those plants were. There were also three retired pharmacists in the audience who enjoyed it as well !" - Joe, Speakers Secretary